ads

Friday 28 October 2016

Day-by-Day. October 28, 2016

Blood sugar is 148 mg/dl.
     It started to drop a little bit. I take a little bit more then 200 units of Lantus Solo Star daily. I am not so brave to take more right now. It is swing, high-low, getting up and down. So, I try to keep all in balance.
      I have headache. Sometimes it is severe, sometimes it is only tense, never go away. Swelling started to increase. I can see it on my legs, on my feet. But it is not so severe that all my face swelled and I am not capable to speak. So, I am OK by now.
      A few days ago insulin supply arrived, so happy with it. When it is time and I do still not have it, I am in fear, in very tense nerve suppression. I can think about nothing, just my insulin, would it come, would I have another round of problems with delivery and pharmacy and doctor's Rx, and so on. I do have insulin. It is not the issue. I can stay without delivery for month and probably more. It is not availability of insulin but the fear I will not have next delivery and what I suppose to do? To skip deeper into problems I already do have? to lose sight? to lose this limited mobility I still have? to get spread on the bed not able to turn on the other side?
      I would accept if it is medical condition I am in and there is nothing what can be done. We all eventually will die, and there is no way around. It is not so simple. I am diabetic type 2, the hell do know what this diagnose mean, but it is my diagnose and it is stamped on all my medical records. According to medical presentations this medical condition can be controlled with right meal choice and active life style. Because of we still have our high numbers, the society and medical providers stamp us, we do not do what we suppose to do. We did it for ourselves.
      Really, why diabetics type 2 obese in first place? We all do. This is how we do look like. We do have wide middle area, practically every one of us. Why?
      Diabetes is the medical condition when insulin secretion does not cover needs in insulin demand. In non diabetic body when one eat insulin started to be secreted right away. It is difference with diabetics type 2. Insulin secretion is slow. We do have insulin secretion when we diagnosed with diabetes type 2, the same as diabetes type 1, but in diabetes type 2 secretion of insulin  go very slow. So, when I start to eat I ... get more hungry then before first bite was taken. The hunger is extreme, and we have to eat in hurry.
Probably there is connection between us, those who became diabetics type 2, and those who are morbidly obese. Probably they do have the same problem we do have. The difference is only we do have high blood sugar numbers, and they do not have them. I am not medical student, or any researcher. I am diabetic type 2 with very high blood sugar numbers on my glucose meter. The same as number on bathroom scale, also very high.
Looks today is not good day to discuss so problematic matter. I have to go to take some sleep.


via Ravenvoron

No comments:

Post a Comment